How to report a crime: 101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call.

When should I use 101?
You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • Report a minor traffic collision
  • Give the police information about crime in your area
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry

You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

For more information please follow this link:

Sites which may be of assistance to you:

Crimestoppers: Crimestoppers are also able to receive information anonymously
SMMT (Motor Manufacturers) :
Motorcycle Industry marking and registration Scheme:
Construction/Agricultural marking and registration Scheme: